From 2017 to 2019, York Regional Police has conducted workshops, focus groups and digital town hall events on social media, in addition to community and business surveys, to collect invaluable feedback and allow community members and other stakeholders in York Region to inform our plan.
Our community wants to see York Regional Police:
- Enhance police presence and increasing visibility in our neighbourhoods
- Build partnerships and relationships through engagement with diverse communities
- Inform the community through different sources, in multiple languages
- Continue to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and respect during police interactions
- Prevent impaired, distracted and careless driving through effective traffic strategies and enforcement
- Promote diversity and inclusion in hiring and training practices