From 2020 to 2022, York Regional Police conducted a broad range of consultations with various internal and external stakeholders to encourage dialogue on how we can improve service delivery to our community and continue to meet the evolving needs of our members. The global pandemic required us to pivot from traditional in-person sessions to online forms of engagement.
Our community wants to see York Regional Police:
- Enhance police presence and increase visibility in our neighbourhoods
- Build partnerships and relationships through engagement with diverse communities
- Inform the community through different sources, in multiple languages
- Continue to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and respect during police interactions
- Prevent impaired, distracted and careless driving through effective traffic strategies and enforcement
- Promote diversity and inclusion in hiring and training practices